Finally! Together Again!
WE ARE OPEN! Last Sunday morning, May 17, we opened our doors for worship for the first time since March 8! We have been shut down because of COVID-19. However, we are now open…with lots of precautions. Let me share with you our plan going forward.
This Sunday, May 24, we will have two morning worship services. The Early Service will begin at 9 a.m. and the Late Service will begin at 10:45 a.m. EVERYONE WILL ENTER THROUGH THE MALL DOORS, either on the south side or the north side (unless they are part of the music/media team). The doors will open 30 minutes prior to the beginning of each service. If you came to the Early Service during the renovation of the Worship Center last summer, please come to the 9 a.m. service. If you came to the Late Service during the renovation of the Worship Center last summer, please come to the 10:45 a.m. service. If you were not attending Westside last summer, pick which service you would like to attend. We will fill the building from the front to the back.
We are in Phase Two of our Four Phase reopening plan. What does that mean?
- We will observe strict safe distancing (6 feet between families) outside and inside;
- There will be no Connection Groups (continue to meet online);
- There will be no Children’s Worship;
- There will be no Extended Session for Preschoolers;
- There will be no other services or activities;
- The 10:45 a.m. service will be broadcast Online and Radio.
We want you to come, if you are healthy and ready. What does that mean?
- If you have COVID-19, stay home;
- If you have been in contact with someone recently who has COVID-19, stay home;
- If you are running a fever, have a persistent cough, or do not feel well, stay home;
- If you are part of the Vulnerable Population (see link), stay home;
- If you do not feel comfortable in coming yet, stay home;
- If you do not want to follow our guidelines, stay home.
We are trying to keep everyone safe while on our property. What does that mean?
- Our building will be clean and disinfected before you arrive;
- Our building will be cleaned and disinfected between the two services;
- Our housekeeping will be cleaning the restrooms in real time;
- Our ushers will be holding doors open for you;
- Our ushers will escort you in, seat you, and escort you out;
- Our water fountains will be covered, but bottled water will be available upon request;
- We will not pass the offering plates, but receptacles will be held by the ushers;
- Masks are permitted, but not required;
- Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for those who want them;
- There will be no handshakes or hugs.
Still Glad I’m Your Pastor,